My travels have gone from Solo travel to couples travel to Family travel in the past decade or so. I have relished every type of travels at each stage of my life. Trust me, as much as I loved the solo travel, I am thrilled to see the excitement and curiosity of my young one as he explores the sands and seas of the world with us. I figured now would be a good time to bring out some of my go to family travel quotes and pictures from our trips around the world as a family.
Trust me, I didn’t come up with any of these family travel quotes by myself. I scavenged the internet and came up with a list that I found interesting.
Also checkout my Travel with Kids Quotes.
Family Travel Quotes
I guess in order to qualify a travel as a family travel, it doesn’t really have to involve a kid. But there is more to traveling with a kid than just traveling as a couple. It involves planning, pain and a lot of logistics. When I took my 5-month old to Portugal, I had to come up with a plan of action for how to feed and sterilize his feeding bottles on the go.
Yes, there is a shift in the travels, but they are equally fun.
Family Travel Quotes
Now I get to see things from a kid’s point of view and explore the world all of over again. A fresh perspective, a new world and ever more curious. Also, checkout my tree planting quotes.
Family Travel Quotes only Adults Can Understand
1. ‘Let’s wander where the WiFi is weak’
2. ‘It doesn’t matter where you’re going, it’s who you have beside you’
3. “Take only memories, leave only footprints.” – Chief Seattle
4. “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J. R. R. Tolkien
5. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” – Helen Keller
7. “In America, there are two classes of travel: first-class and with children. ” — Robert Benchley
8. “There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
9. “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.” – Mark Twain
10. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Scott Cameron
11. “Jobs fill your pocket, but adventures fill your soul.” – Jamie Lyn Beatty
12. “People don’t take trips; trips take people.” – John Steinbeck
13. “Traveling — it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Batutta
14. “Travel in the younger sort is a part of education; in the elder, a part of experience’ – Francis Bacon
15. “No road is long with good company”
16. “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us”
17. “I’d rather have a passport full of stamps than a house full of stuff”
18. “With age, comes wisdom, with travel, comes understanding” – Sandra Lake
19. “I can always make more money; I cannot make more time”
20. “Time is precious. Waste it wisely.”
21. “Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life” – Dolly Parton
22. “Travel is not a reward for working, it’s education for living”
23. “Life is better in flip flops”
24. “Let’s go on a trip, somewhere far away, with nothing but good people and happy thoughts”
25. “Travel is my therapy”
26. “If we were meant to stay in one place we’d have roots instead of feet” – Rachel Wolchin
27. “Fill your life with adventures, not things. Have stories to tell not stuff to show”
28. “I need vitamin sea”
29. “I haven’t been everywhere. But it’s on my list” – Susan Sontag
30. “Having kids is a reason to travel. Never a reason to stop”
31. “Not all who wander are lost”
32. “Traveling in the company of those we love is home in motion”
33. “Take me to the mountains”
34. “It’s bad manners to keep a vacation waiting”
35. “Don’t be that person who is too busy when you are young and then too tired when you are old”
36. “You weren’t born to just pay bills and die”
37. “The Greatest Legacy We Can Leave Our Children Is Happy Memories.”
Family Travel Quotes That Kids Can Understand
1. Adventure Awaits
2. “As soon as I saw you, I knew adventure was going to happen.” – Winnie the Pooh
3. “Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.” – Dalai Lama
4. “Always take the scenic route”
5. “Of all the books in the world, the best stories are found between the pages of a passport”
6. “There’s no time to be bored in a world as beautiful as this”
7. “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page” – Saint Augustine
8. “When in doubt, travel”
9. “Do more things that make you forget to check your phone”
10. “Happiness is, planning a trip to somewhere new, with someone you love”
11. “Just go”
12. “Happiness comes in waves”
13. “Wander often, wonder always”
14. “Say yes to new adventures”
15. “At the end of the day, your feet should be dirty, your hair messy and your eyes sparkling” – Shanti
16. “Memories made together last a lifetime”
17. “Let’s find some place beautiful to get lost”
18. “Life is short and the world is wide”
19. “Live your life by a compass, not a clock” Stephen Covey
20. “Any day spent with you is my favorite day” – A.A. Milne
21. “Oh, the places you’ll go.” -Dr. Seuss
22. “Collect Moment, Not Things.”
23. “Life is better barefoot”
24. “To Travel is to Live” – Hans Christian Andersen
25. “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer”
Family Travel Quotes – Deep Thoughts
1. “Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.” – Anthony Bourdain19. “If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness and fears.” — Cesare Pavese
2. “I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.” – Mark Twain
3. “There are no perfect parents and there are no perfect children, but there are plenty of perfect moments along the way” – Dave Willis
4. “May your adventures bring you closer together, even as they take you far away from home” – Trenton Lee Stewart
5. “Every day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children” – Charles R. Swindoll
6. “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddam mountain” – Jack Kerouac
7. “Don’t live the same year 75 time and call it a life” – Robin Sharma
8. “Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory”
Family Travel Quotes For Kids Bedroom
1. “If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try”
2. “Actually, the best gift you could have given her was a lifetime of adventures” – Lewis Carroll
3. “Life is a journey and only you hold the map”
4. “Wanderlust: A strong desire or urge to wander or travel and explore the world”
5. Not all classrooms have four walls
6. ‘The Journey of a Thousand Miles Begins with a Single Step’ – Lao Tzu
7. ‘This heart of mine was meant to travel the world”
8. “Travel As Much As You Can As Far As You Can As Often As You Can Life Is Not Meant To Be Lived In One Place”
9. Eat well. Travel often.
10. “Kids don’t remember their best day of television”
11. Crave for Travel; Being Homesick for a Place You’ve Never Been.
12. “Smell the sea and feel the sky, let your soul and spirit fly”
Family Travel Quote That Inspire
1. “Life is meant for spectacular adventures. Let your feet wander, your eyes marvel and your soul ignite.”
2. “Climb the mountains and get their good tidings”
3. “Design a life that you are inspired to live” – Annette White
4. “Once the travel bug bites there is no antidote. And I know that I will be happily infected until the end of my life” – Michael Palin
5. “Live for the moments you can’t put into words”
6. “When was the last time you did something for the first time?”
7. “He who is outside his door already has the hardest part of his journey behind him. “ — Dutch Proverb
8. “Some beautiful paths can’t be discovered without getting lost” Froz Ozan
9. “A person susceptible to wanderlust is not so much addicted to movement as committed to transformation” – Pico Iyer
10. “But that’s the glory of foreign travel, as far as I am concerned. I don’t want to know what people are talking about. I can’t think of anything that excited a greater sense of childlike wonder than to be in a country where you are ignorant of almost everything. Suddenly you are five years old again. You can’t read anything, you have only a rudimentary sense of how things work, you can’t even reliably cross the street without endangering your life. Your whole existence becomes a series of interesting guesses.” — Bill Bryson
11. “I do not want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.” — Diane Ackerman
12. “I’m in love with cities I’ve never been to and people I’ve never met.”
13. “I’m not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world”
14. “Don’t listen to what they say. Go see.” – Chinese Proverb
15. “There are seven days in a week, some day isn’t one of them”
16. “Never Let Your Memories Be Greater Than Your Dreams.”– Doug Ivester.
17. “Take Only Memories, Leave Only Footprints.”– Chief Seattle.
Soulful Family Travel Quotes
1. “Blessed Are The Curious For They Shall Have Adventures.”
2. “The Biggest Adventure You Can Ever Take Is To Live The Life Of Your Dreams.”– Oprah Winfrey.
3. “Fill Your Life With Experiences, Not Things. Have Stories To Tell, Not Stuff To Show.”
4. “Traveling In The Company Of Those We Love Is Home In Motion.”– Leigh Hunt.
5. “Two Of The Greatest Gifts We Can Give Our Children Are Roots And Wings.”– Hodding Carter.
6. “Then I Realized Adventures Are The Best Way To Learn.”
7. “There Are No Foreign Lands. It Is The Traveler Only Who Is Foreign.”– Robert Louis Steveson.
8. A Family That Travels Together Stays Together.”
9. “Travel Is Not Reward For Working, It’s Education For Living.”
10. “There Is No Time To Be Bored In A World As Beautiful As This.”
11. “Own Only What You Can Always Carry With You: Known Languages, Known Countries, Known People. Let Your Memory Be Your Travel Bag.”– Alexandr Solzhenitsyn.
12. “It Is Never Too Early To Begin Exploring The World.”
13. “Of All The Paths You Take In Life Make Sure A Few Of Them Are Sandy.”
14. “Wherever You Go, Go With All Your Heart.”– Confusius.
15. “Don’t Count The Days. Make The Days Count.”– Muhammad Ali.
16. “Sometimes The Most Scenic Roads In Life Are The Detours You Didn’t Mean To Take.”– Angela N. Blount.
17. “You Don’t Need Magic To Disappear, All You Need Is A Destination.”
Family travel quotes are one of the best ways to create some unique gifts to traveling families or anyone who is a travel addict.
Here are some of my favorite items to personalize:
Personalize Beach Tote Bag
Personalized Backpack for Kids
Personalized Travel Journal
Personalized Stainless Steel Travel Mug
Personalized Wall Decal
Personalized Wall Decor
What are your favorite Family travel quotes ? Would love to hear your thoughts in the comment section.